The digital radiography system replaces the traditional film pack with a special sensor. The sensor detects the radiation, transmits it to a computer, which displays the image on a monitor. The sensors themselves are much more sensitive to radiation therefore the exposure time is significantly reduced. There is up to 80% reduction in radiation over conventional film x-rays.
As well, image contrasting can change the resolution, orientation and size to facilitate enhanced diagnostics. Since the images are magnified onto a monitor, it’s easier for the dentist to highlight areas of concern and for the patient to actually see and understand what is being examined.
The advantages of our new iTero Element Scanners:
• iTero Element is engineered to capture 6,000 frames per second
• 3D high-impact visualization giving us the ability to show clients exactly what we see
• View forces on teeth (intensity and size)
• No goop or gag to worry about that is experienced from traditional molds is no more
• View amount of gum recession
• Able to show your teeth from every angle, see the inclination of the teeth and how they align
• Fast, accurate impression
• Ideal for crowns, bridges, implants, dental study models, Invisalign® clear aligners and retainers
• See a simulation of your potential Invisalign treatment outcome