Dana G. Colson, D.D.S. M.B.A.
With Wellness Based Dentistry™ clients are receiving dental care that preserves more than their teeth. With a strong belief that the mouth indicates the general well-being of the whole body, Dr. Dana Colson, along with her Associates, are bringing together leading-edge technology and natural medicine to give clients award-winning smiles that enhance their lives.
In her own words:
Having graduated from Dentistry in 1977 from the University of Toronto, I was fascinated with how the health of the body was reflected in the mouth.
My interest in dentistry stemmed from my fear of dentists. I chose the profession of dentistry because I was determined to overcome my fear of dentistry and help others. The more I learned about the art and science the more my fears diminished. I believe that our clients need to be provided with significant information about their mouth and the various options that are available to them so that we can co-diagnose and co-explore the different opportunities together. Today the technology allows us to create amazing results with minimally invasive dentistry.
I am an Alumni and graduated after completing 9 courses at the Kois Institute in Seattle. I have been a Kois Mentor since 2014. (This education has been compared to the Harvard School of Business). I am also a Gold Invisalign Provider and the Author of “Your Mouth: The Gateway To a Healthier You”.Over the years I received my Fellowship at the Academy of General Dentistry in 1987 along with several thousand hours in continuing education courses. I am also an accredited member with The International Academy of AIAOMT. In 2016 I received my MBA from Rotman Buisness School and a Global EMBA from St. Gallen.
Some of these include:
• Gold Plus Invisalign Provider
• Accredited member of IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology)
• Advanced Dental Education at the Pankey Institute, Completed Levels 1-6
• Completed 9 courses at the Kois Institute in Seattle – Alumni, Graduate and Mentor since 2014
• Post graduate education in: Crown and Bridge, Prosthetics, Occlusion, Orthodontics, and breathing disordered sleep medicine.
• Preventative Periodontal Medicine course at The Kois Institute based on Bale Doneen “Beat the Heart Attack Gene”
• Yearly Kois Symposium’s in Seattle reviewing over 500 annual research publications
• Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
• Heavy metal (mercury) toxicity.
• Acupuncture at the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada.
• Cosmetic courses with Larry Rosenthal in New York & Florida
• Teaching and practicing laser dentistry for over 25 years
• Neuromuscular dentistry and chirodontics
• Ozone application in dentistry
• AACD Scientific Sessions – Excellence in Cosmetic Dentistry for over 15 years
• Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) (1986)
• MBA Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and Global EMBA with the University of St. Gallen 2016
Wellness Based Dentistry™ offers a full range of dental services, including conservative cosmetic treatments and orthodontics. The practice has been amalgam (silver-mercury) free since 1983. An integrated approach to all dental treatments creates the best results for our clients. Rosemary and Jelena consult with clients on creating treatment plans and coordinating information testing and detoxification programs with other health care providers.
Diagnostic chairside mock-ups are available with follow-through photography to envision the future for cosmetic and functional changes. We have upgraded our technology to be able to offer patients a diagnostic scan using our Itero Element Scanners to monitor gum recession and tooth wear over time. Our digital scanners also display a force analysis and allow us to preview the possibilities Invisalign (invisible braces) can achieve for you.
Your smile can be your best anti-aging part of your body. We welcome new patients and are happy to explore the possibilities to enable you to keep your teeth and very best smile for a lifetime.
KOIS Center – “Advancing Dentistry Through Excellence”
Kois Center offers a comprehensive nine-course curriculum built upon Dr. John C. Kois’
mission statement: “Enabling motivated dentists to achieve extraordinary levels, expanding both knowledge and application skills in restorative dentistry.”
The Pankey Institute
The Pankey Institute for Continuing Dental Education delivers postgraduate dental education to dentists who aspire to provide individualized, comprehensive dentistry.